As we celebrate The Lincolnite’s 2nd birthday on May 17, we couldn’t have received a better birthday present.
The Lincolnite, now with more than 50,000 monthly unique readers, has been nominated in the Best Local/Regional News Site category in the Online Media Awards 2012.
The Lincolnite is up against some big names in the industry, such as the Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo and the Belfast Telegraph, to name a few.
To be shortlisted alongside established news organisations is a huge achievement for Stonebow Media.
We thank all our partners, collaborators, friends and readers for their continued support in the past two years.
Since The Lincolnite was formed six months ago, the project received attention from various trade publications.
Six months down the line, with over 10,000 readers every month, and over 500 stories published so far, here’s some of the coverage we’ve received:
- Government grant helps graduates launch website
Hold The Front Page | September 28, 2010
- Lincoln journalism graduates ‘nail down a gap in the market’ with new publication
Journalism.co.uk | October 10, 2010
- Hyperlocal voices: Daniel Ionescu, The Lincolnite
Online Journalism Blog (Paul Bradshaw) | November 2, 2010
- (Pictured) Lincoln City Talk Magazine | November 2010
- Hyperlocal news team launch iPhone app
Hold The Front Page | December 30, 2010